Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Is Anybody Going to San Antone? Me...for the Book Festival



If all goes well this week, I'm heading to San Antonio Friday to attend the all-day-Saturday 2016 San Antonio Book Festival.  Believe it or not (and I find it hard to believe, myself), even though I live only 210 miles from the San Antonio Public Library, main site of the festival, I haven't been to San Antonio in more than 20 years, so this will be an interesting excursion.

The festival organizers have line up more than 80 authors for the various sessions and presentations, and there are a few I'm particularly looking forward to seeing since I've read several of the books being discussed.  I'm hoping to make the sessions by Stephen Harrigan (A Friend of Mr. Lincoln), Jamie Brickhouse (Dangerous When Wet), a second Stephen Harrigan session (Old Facts, New Fiction), and maybe that Literary Death Match that comes at the end of the day and features Jamie Brickhouse, David Craff, Joaquin Zihuatanejo, and Sara Benincasa.  

That probably seems like a small sampling of the eighty authors who will be there, but that's usually the way it goes, leaving some time for browsing the vendors, sampling the food, and plain old resting of the feet - and some time to work in last minute changes and additions to the schedule.  

Here's a video look at who's coming:








No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.