Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Perfect Cake for Book Lovers



I have no idea about the origin of this "library cake," but I hope that the baker/decorator was well-rewarded for her effort.  This thing is amazingly detailed and had to take forever to prepare.  How much would you be willing to pay for one like it?

The photo does not "blow up" very large before it begins to lose focus, but take a look at this beauty.  It's the perfect birthday cake for the book lovers in your family...if you think they actually might be able to bear cutting into it, that is.

(Do click on the image to enlarge it.)

Post #2,570

3 comments:

  1. Now That is a labor of love. It must have taken hours and hours to make--you have to admire someone's patience for making something like that. I don't think I could bring myself to ever eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Danielle. It's more a work of art than it is something to be consumed...it needs to be sprayed with something that will preserve it...and keep the bugs off it. :-)

      Delete
  2. That is one of the most excellent cakes I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.