Sunday, July 19, 2015

Scout Finch, Dave Robicheaux, Richard Wright...and More

This will be brief, but just wanted to let you guys know that I arrived back in Houston this afternoon and I have a few things to tell you about. 

I'll probably start with my experience in Monroeville, Alabama (hometown of Harper Lee), because that's where I was for the official launching of Lee's "new" book last week.  I got there in time to participate in the midnight unveiling at the only bookstore in town...and it was interesting.

I also spent a bit of time in New Iberia, Louisiana,  which is, as fans of James Lee Burke will know, the home of Dave Robicheaux, Burke's fictional Cajun detective.  

And I hit some other bookish spots (bookstores and literary landmarks) in Mississippi that I want to share with everyone.  In my week on the road, I covered about 1700 miles and came home with lots of pictures, memories...and nine books.  

Now, to get some rest for my ailing left foot (I can barely walk at the moment) so that I can get a fresh start tomorrow. 

See you then.


Post # 2,510

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.