Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Book Trailer of the Week: A Spool of Blue Thread

A new Anne Tyler book is always an event to be anticipated, and this week marks the debut of Tyler's latest, A Spool of Blue Thread.  Longtime fans have been counting down to this one for several months already, and even though this trailer does not reveal much about the plot of A Spool of Blue Thread, I want to use it further spread the news that IT is finally here.




I'm hoping to grab a copy soon, but I will probably hold off on reading it for a while because I always like to have something by one of my favorites just waiting for me to choose the right moment to read it.  Anticipation, after all,  can be half the fun.

(Strangely enough, I've been checking with my county library system for several weeks in order to put a reading copy on hold...and some kind of computer glitch in their system is driving me nuts.  I can see the book, and can see that eight people have already placed it on hold.  But when I click on the link to add my name to the list, I get a message saying something to the effect that no copies of the book are available for request.  As evidenced by the fact that the hold list has been frozen at eight for quite a while, no one at the library seems aware of the problem.  Why this book?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.