Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Mongoliad Trilogy - Book Trailer of the Week

It had to happen.  The folks behind The Mongoliad Trilogy (released on April 24) are promoting the new multiple-author effort with a nicely produced book trailer that pokes fun at the making of book trailers.  And it works beautifully.  This is another one of those books that would have almost certainly remained below my radar if not for this trailer.  I'm starting to love book trailers almost as much as I love movie trailers - and book trailers are rapidly catching up.

See what you think.


6 comments:

  1. I'm probably not reading this one, but the trailer was fun. I have to say, book trailers are generally much more fun, creative, original than movie trailers are these days. Movie trailers are all super short clup montages with loud narration. Book trailers are little short films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James, what impresses me about them is that they are becoming more and more sophisticated and that they really do their primary task well - make readers aware of a new book in a way that sticks. Like you, I doubt that I'll read this one, but I have spent enough time talking about it now that I would like to believe that a few sales copies were added in the process. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for sharing, Sam. I just finished Cryptonomicon and was looking at this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenclair, I see that you read a lot of scifi kind of stuff...do you have any new time travel novels or series to recommend? I love those but have not found a really good one, it seems, in at least a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book trailer. I know many readers seem to hate book trailers but I love them and see them as a work of art and as a Marketing person I understand the power of a good book trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, I've found that book trailers can be absolutely terrible or the equal of tiny movies. They seem to be more honest than movie trailers and I've been turned on to at least a dozen books via their trailers. If done correctly, these things are great marketing tools.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.