Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cash Mobs Hit Bookstore and Candy Shop

Is it just me, or are we all a bit more stressed and depressed these days than we used to be?  It really does seem that there is less "good news" around than in the past, so when I heard about the evolution of flash mobs into "cash mobs," I decided to take a look.  I found some interesting examples of the new-style mob on YouTube.

First up is this short video that explains exactly what a "cash mob" is and how they form:



Next, is a self-produced example of a cash mob that visited a Cleveland bookstore:




The power of social media is amazing and I love the way that these things come together via word-of-mouth from one friend to the next.  Just think what else might be accomplished by using Twitter and Facebook for something like this.  The possibilities are literally endless.  Have you seen one of these in action in your city...or maybe even been part of one?  If so, please tell us about it.

5 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Love that an awful lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Great for supporting local businesses in a fun and social way.

    What about a Trash Mob for neighborhood or highway clean ups?

    Social Media can be a force for good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nik, have those things hit your part of the world? I would think that London would be an ideal spot to pull off a Cash Mob of huge numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we've not. This was the first time I'd heard of anything like it. I really do hope it catches on over here. That would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.