Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Stephen King and H.G. Wells

Happy Birthdays to authors Stephen King and H.G. Wells who share September 21 as the date of their births.  I think it's kind of a cool coincidence that these two guys were born on the same day of the year.

Wells was born on September 21, 1866 in Bromley, England, and died on August 13, 1946.


King, who turns 64 today, was born in 1947 in Portland, Maine - just a bit more than one year after Wells's passing.


Whether King will ever be held in the same esteem as Wells is debatable, but I do think their work (other than King's pure "horror" output) has a good deal in common, and I get a kick out of the fact they were born on the same day - some 81 years apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.