Monday, June 27, 2011

The Carolina Chocolate Drops Do ROMP 2011



I've been traveling home the last couple of days and haven't been able to stop long enough to post anything bookish or musical here on Book Chase.  But, I do want to share this video tonight that I shot in Owensboro on June 25 featuring The Carolina Chocolate Drops.  This group generally performs what they call "old time Negro music in a style other than the blues," but this song was a real highlight of their ROMP 2011 set.  Keep in mind that this is a Grammy award winning group and that they have been doing this for a while - although the members on both ends of the stage are fairly recent additions to the group.  They have a lot of energy and stage presence and they turned out to be one of the most popular groups of the whole three days.

I was sitting something like ten rows deep when I shot this, so you will see a bit of crowd movement as I adjust my range trying to minimize the effect of all the wandering about that bluegrass crowds are famous far (it's hard to resist all that great food up on the hill).

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed this, Lisa. They put on one very amazing live show. Do see them if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.