Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Patterson first to top one million in e-book sales

Why am I not surprised? Not at all surprised, but a bit disappointed to see that e-book readers are buying the same old stuff being churned out by the book machine otherwise known as James Patterson.

I'll bet Mr. Patterson even wrote a few of the titles himself rather than slapping his name in big print atop those of the writers who did all the grunt work on his co-written titles.
Hachette Book Group said the best-selling author of "Kiss the Girls," "Along Came a Spider" and other titles in the Alex Cross series has sold a total of 1.14 million e-books.

"Things have really changed in the digital space," Patterson said in a statement.

"With more and more people reading on iPads, Kindles, and Nooks, taking time to create interesting, user-friendly, enhanced e-book editions is becoming more and more important," he said.

"And if e-books get people who might otherwise not be reading to pick up a book, then that makes me happy," he said.

2 comments:

  1. Please put "Bloody Marko" on your list. I'd like your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see if I can get hold of a copy.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.