Monday, June 07, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - Yours Free

Stephenie Meyer, in some sort of weird marketing campaign, is making her new novella, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, available on line where it can be read at no cost. Meyer does suggest that readers donate $1 to the American Red Cross since that is the amount being donated for every hardcover copy of the novella sold in bookstores.

So, if you don't mind reading an ebook version of the book on your PC or other WiFi device, this is where you can find it. Be aware that it is only available at this link until midnight, July 5.

It's not for me, but I thought some of you might be interested in reading or sampling the thing. If you do, please let me know what you think of it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't get the whole vampire genre, so I won't bother, but I am intrigued by this idea of making a book available free online. Another (wealthy) writer did this recently. Is this done only out of a desire to be read? Or does this increase sales numbers? I would like to see the data.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the results of this offer, Factotum...number of hits, estimate of how many people read the whole thing, how many copies stolen and bootlegged as a result of making it available this way, etc. I suppose it works or authors wouldn't do it this way, but I've seen it more often from "unknowns." This lady is already a major seller and I am a bit surprised that she's offering a chance to read the book free at the same time it is first hitting bookstores.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.