Monday, January 11, 2010

The Books of the Century Challenge

I am a chronic failure when it comes to all those great reading challenges that pepper the book blog world. I have started, but failed to complete, at least ten challenges in the last three years and I try not to be tempted into accepting new ones anymore. But along comes Tim Gebhart from A Progressive on the Prairie with another great idea, and I here I go again. This challenge offers so much flexibility that I should be able to handle it, for a change (famous last words I've uttered before).

Tim calls it The Books of the Century Challenge and bases it on Daniel Immerwahr's The Books of the Century website. Click on the Challenge link for all the details and book choices involved and I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find that this is the most flexible challenge you may have ever run across. It can be a one-year thing for you, a five-year quest, or even something that can last you the rest of your life. It's all up to you - and you can consider yourself to be a winner by reading only five books if that's the goal you want to set. If I fail at this one, I'm really going to give up forever.

I think this will be the perfect challenge for readers with new e-book readers because of all the free classics available via the readers - and it will be great for library patrons because lesser known 100 year old classics can be difficult to find.

Tim's Books of the Century Challenge blog explains it all, so take a look and think about joining us in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.