Monday, January 18, 2010

Best of 2010, Update 2

I have finished the new Ralph Stanley biography, Man of Constant Sorrow: My Life and Times. The book is officially authored by Ralph Stanley and Eddie Dean so I am not sure if this should be considered a biography, an autobiography, or some hybrid of the two. Perhaps there should be a new category called "celebrity biography" because of the way they are written from interviews and taped conversations. This one, for instance, is entirely in the spoken voice of Ralph Stanley.




After 6 books, this is what the real time list now looks like:

1. Man of Constant Sorrow - Ralph Stanley and Eddie Dean (biography)
2. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz (memoir)

3. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)

4. Boston Noir - Dennis Lehane, Editor (short story collection)

5. The Unnamed - Joshua Ferris (novel)

6. William S. and the Great Escape - Zilpha Keattey Snyder (Children's book)
I'm a bit surprised that I still have not found a 5.0 rated book. I have already abandoned three books, too, so maybe I'm just more impatient than I was at the end of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.