Thursday, January 14, 2010

Best of 2010, Update 1



I finished a short story collection late last night so it is time for my first update to my Best of 2010 list. Boston Noir is a collection of 11 short stories set in and around Boston, stories involving assorted crimes and criminals that definitely fall in the "noir" category.




After 5 books, this is what the real time list now looks like:

1. The Opposite Field - Jesse Katz (nonfiction)
2. The Calligrapher's Daughter - Eugenia Kim (novel)

3. Boston Noir - Dennis Lehane, Editor (short story collection)

4. The Unnamed - Joshua Ferris (novel)

5. William S. and the Great Escape - Zilpha Keattey Snyder (Children's book)
Alert readers will note that my numeric book ratings do not fall perfectly in line on this list. I try to rate an individual book according to what I perceive to be its overall merit and quality. My Best of 2010 list, on the other hand, is based on how much I enjoyed the book and how likely I am to ever be tempted to read it again. Fuzzy enough for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.