Saturday, December 29, 2007

Joyce Carol Oates on "The Gravedigger's Daughter"

FORA.tv provides this great little clip of author Joyce Carol Oates discussing character development and mining her recent novel, "The Gravedigger's Daughter," for examples of how she works. The full piece runs 51 minutes and is available at the FORA.tv website.



The quality of this clip is excellent so don't let the appearance of the posted shot keep you from checking out this one. If you like this kind of thing, follow the link I've provided for the long version.

4 comments:

  1. I'd just finished The Gravedigger's Daughter so this was ever so timely. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the timing was good, SFP. Ms. Oates is one of my very favorite writers and I love the way that she so often has something new to offer me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific video clip, Sam.
    An author that I have [regretfully] never read but have, for a long time now, WANTED to read.
    And now, moreso!
    -- Cip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admittedly, she's probably not for everyone, Cip, but she's definitely one of my all-time favorite writers. I look forward to everything that she publishes today with the same excitement that I've had for her writing for the last twenty years.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.